Posted: Jan 13, 2022
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200203939
Apple's AI/ML teams transform every Apple product and because we fully integrate hardware and software, we can collaborate to deliver amazing experiences while protecting user data. Siri is the voice of Apple products and it's launch was a defining moment in the history of Artificial Intelligence. Hundreds of millions of people now use Siri to send a message, play their favorite song or even take a selfie. We're looking for a hardworking individual able to improve the processing, analysis and preparation of huge data sets used to train Siri's machine learned models. We love big-data technologies, including, data exploration, visualization, distributed processing, and applications at scale. We believe that Privacy is a fundamental and universal human right and embrace this in our day-to-day work. If you share these values and are capable of applying cutting-edge data science, you'll improve Siri's ability to understand users. In this role, you'd also analyze user behavior, prepare data sets and enable Siri to further embrace privacy-preserving machine learning. This role sits on the Private Learning team, which is a newly-minted team nested within Siri Understanding and Apple's overall AI/ML organization.
- Expertise with statistical data analysis such as linear models, multivariate analysis, sampling methods, survey designs, causal inference.
- Expert knowledge and experience in OO programming & design (C++, Scala or Java)
- Expert knowledge in one or more scripting language such as Python or Perl
- Experience designing and implementing large-scale, high-performance data-mining and analytics platforms
The goal of Siri's Machine Learning teams is to take Siri to the next level of intelligence and accuracy while preserving user privacy. Siri processes more than a billion requests every week and good data is at the heart of this engine. You'll design and implement scalable, low-latency, high-performance data analytics systems. You'll also come up with creative ways to analyze customer experiences while preserving user privacy. We're looking for folks who want to invent the future of Siri and aren't afraid of challenges. The ideal engineer deals with ambiguity well, writes high-quality code, and is comfortable contributing code to both legacy and new systems. You will work closely with ML feature teams, engineer distributed data pipelines, and use your understanding of data annotation to build real world ML models to improve Siri's current systems. Excellent communication skills are also paramount because you'll coordinate work across multiple teams and resolve inevitable issues as they come up.
Education & Experience
Master's degree in Computer Science with 2+ years experience or Bachelor's degree with 4+ years of industry experience
- - Experience building systems with Private Federated Learning or Differential Privacy techniques
- - Experience with iOS/Android platforms and/or experience writing Swift code
- - Experience shipping code on-device (iOS/Android/Windows Phone platforms)
- - Experience working with low-latency, high-throughput machine learning inference engines for models such as neural networks
- - Experience with Conversational AI or voice assistants and ranking is also a plus