AI/ML - Software Engineer, Siri Search
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: May 11, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200124116
Do you want to make Siri and Apple products smarter for our users? The Siri Search & Knowledge teams are building groundbreaking technology for algorithmic search, machine learning, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. The features we build are redefining how hundreds of millions of people use their computers and mobile devices to search and find what they are looking for. Siri's universal search engine powers search features across a variety of Apple products, including Siri, Spotlight, Safari, Messages and Lookup. As part of this group, you will work with one of the most exciting high performance computing environments, with petabytes of data, millions of queries per second, and have an opportunity to imagine and build products that delight our customers every single day.
- Fluent in two of following languages: Go, Scala, Java, C++, C
- 5 years minimum experience writing high-performance server software on Linux/Unix
- 5 years minimum experience working with large datasets
- Strong working knowledge of Computer Networks, Algorithms and Data Structures, Internet and Cloud Computing, Distributed Systems
- Strong understanding and working knowledge of machine learning algorithms, supervised and unsupervised modeling techniques
- Experience working with large, real world data - big, messy, incomplete, full of errors, and indeterminate.
- Experience with gRPC, Kubernetes, AWS are strong pluses.
- Knowledge of Deep Learning, Computer Vision, topic modeling, graph algorithms are pluses
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
We design and build software to support features that empowers billions of Siri users. Our team processes trillions of links to find the best content to surface to users through search. As a member of the team you will: • Architect & develop Internet-scale, cloud-ready server software for Linux systems • Develop communication and search protocols for voice-based and text-based virtual assistants • Develop algorithms and software to process petabyte-scale datasets • Implement open source and proprietary algorithms for handling and processing the data • Work alone or as part of small team to deliver complete systems • Work closely with other engineering, human interaction, conversational interaction, design and project management teams
Education & Experience
MS or PhD Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering, or equivalent work experience
Back to top