AI/ML - Software Engineer, ML Platform & Technology
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: May 14, 2020
Role Number: 200017159
Want to contribute to the platform that enables the next generation of intelligent experiences on Apple products & services? In Platform Architecture - Machine Learning Platform we have built the platform that Apple uses for developing machine learning, artificial intelligence, and computer vision applications. As a senior software engineer on our team you are responsible for crafting & building software systems that are part of this platform. Our platform is built using a multitude of systems and services, from bare metal to infrastructure services, and everything in between. We use existing systems when possible, but do not shy away from rolling components ourselves. As a team, we have a variety of technical backgrounds, from machine learning PhDs to building large-scale production systems. We exemplify a team of pragmatic, proficient, product-focused engineers. Want to join us? Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
- Shown experiences on delivering distributed systems and services in a production setting.
- Shown experiences using system monitoring tools and automated testing frameworks.
- Strong software development skills, with proficiency in meaningful languages (ex. Go, Python, Java, Scala, C++).
- Creative, collaborative, and product-focused.
- A real passion for making simple, robust, and scalable platforms used by other engineering teams.
As a senior software engineer on Platform Architecture - ML Platform team you have the following responsibilities: • Be responsible for the architecture, design, development, and operations of large-scale systems designed for machine learning. These may include, but not limited to, data management systems, data engineering workflow systems, distributed compute systems, and their web portal & web service components. • Partner with data scientists and ML engineers across different Apple organizations to define high impact product features and deliver them with quality. In this role you are building the platform upon which other teams will develop data pipelines and machine learning applications. • Lead a group of engineers to deliver high quality products/services. Be able to stay on top of state-of-the-art technologies and apply them in the job. During the process, support junior engineers by providing advice, mentoring and educational opportunities.
Education & Experience
• BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science with 4+ years experience
- • Proficiency with data pipelines in Hadoop/Spark or streaming system.
- • Ability to design and build efficient scalable data storage and retrieval systems.
- • Effective collaboration with engineering teams; you will work multi-functionally across multiple teams.
- • Experience with operating production systems (monitoring, alarming, problem diagnosis).
- • Experience with data visualization a plus.
Back to top