Posted: Feb 2, 2023
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you want to make Siri and Apple products smarter for our users? The Information Intelligence teams are building groundbreaking technology for algorithmic search, machine learning, natural language processing, and artificial intelligence. The features we build are redefining how hundreds of millions of people use their computers and mobile devices to search and find what they are looking for. Our universal search engine powers search features across a variety of Apple products, including Siri, Spotlight, Safari, Messages and Lookup. As part of this group, you will work with one of the most exciting high performance computing environments, with petabytes of data, millions of queries per second, and have an opportunity to imagine and build products that delight our customers every single day.
- Strong coding skills and solid understanding of algorithms and data structures.
- Expert knowledge and experience in one or more languages such as Go, Python, Java, C++.
- Excellent interpersonal skills able to work independently as well as in a team.
- Solid understanding of the software development process, including unit testing and release management.
- Strong software architecture and design skills.
We design and build services and infrastructure to support features that empower billions of Apple users. Our team applies state of the art machine learning techniques to improve the quality of search relevance, ranking, query understanding and question answering systems. We design and implement reliable production services and APIs which can handle millions of queries per second and build a search experience that delight our customers. The ideal engineer deals with ambiguity well, designs large scale systems, writes high quality code and is comfortable in contributing code to both legacy and new systems. Excellent communication skills will be required to coordinate work across multiple teams.
Education & Experience
MS, Ph.D. in a related field , or equivalent experience
- Experience with Large Scale Distributed Systems is a plus.
- Experience in Machine learning and/or Natural Language Processing is a plus.
Pay & Benefits
- At Apple, base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This provides the opportunity to progress as you grow and develop within a role. The base pay range for this role is between $166,500 and $309,500, and your base pay will depend on your skills, qualifications, experience, and location.
Apple employees also have the opportunity to become an Apple shareholder through participation in Apple's discretionary employee stock programs. Apple employees are eligible for discretionary restricted stock unit awards, and can purchase Apple stock at a discount if voluntarily participating in Apple's Employee Stock Purchase Plan. You'll also receive benefits including: Comprehensive medical and dental coverage, retirement benefits, a range of discounted products and free services, and for formal education related to advancing your career at Apple, reimbursement for certain educational expenses - including tuition. Additionally, this role might be eligible for discretionary bonuses or commission payments as well as relocation. Learn more about Apple Benefits.
Note: Apple benefit, compensation and employee stock programs are subject to eligibility requirements and other terms of the applicable plan or program.