AI/ML - Senior iOS Engineer - AI Education
- Seattle, WA
Posted: Dec 14, 2020
Role Number: 200191098
Are you hungry to create educational technologies? Do you like working on a collaborative team to envision product possibilities? Do you thrive on prototyping solutions and then iterating on them? Apple's AI Education team within the Machine Intelligence group is seeking an ambitious iOS developer who will play a central role in the construction of first party apps. You will have the rare and rewarding opportunity to engineer educational technologies that include ARKit, RealityKit, CoreML, and other Apple platform technologies to delight and inspire millions of students and teachers.
- Extensive expertise with iOS frameworks.
- Excellent Objective-C and/or Swift coding ability.
- A track record of delivering high quality iOS apps.
- Demonstrable debugging and performance testing skills.
- Ability to write clean, well-factored, tested UI code.
- Joy for participating in teamwork that moves problems from ambiguity to clarity through design, engineering, and user research.
- Passion for quality and attention to detail.
The ideal engineer is comfortable working in a dynamic and creative team charged with developing educational applications for a rapidly evolving domain. This position requires a self motivated developer with strong technical skills and a willingness to work in a team to explore a variety of approaches to supporting teaching and learning. Responsibilities include: Collaborating with educators, researchers, and designers to envision and prototype educational product design concepts. Working with others to go from prototype to product, with input from users along the way. Participating in code reviews. Mentoring junior developers.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or equivalent experience.
- * 5+ years experience with designing and implementing iOS apps.
- * Expertise in Swift and/or Objective-C.
- * Experience with computer graphics or audio processing techniques.
- * Optional but valuable: Familiarity with machine learning, CoreML, SceneKit, or ARkit.
Back to top