AI/ML - Machine Learning Engineer, Siri Experience
- Seattle, WA
Posted: May 18, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200141629
Do you want to leverage your ML skills and NLP domain knowledge to play an important role in the next revolution of Natural Language Understanding/Conversational AI? Would you like to join the team that's creating groundbreaking conversational assistant technologies that already helps millions of people get things done on daily bases? Join the Siri Experience team at Apple!
- 3+ years of professional work experience applying machine learning to real-world problems, and crafting scalable and effective data solutions.
- Excellent programming skills in Python or Scala
- Excellent data analytical skills. Strong attention to detail. Proven track record to dive into data to discover hidden patterns and conduct error/deviation analysis
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Good domain knowledge in at least one of the following: NLP, information retrieval, data mining
- Good experience with Big Data systems such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive,.etc
- Good knowledge in statistical methods such as Bayesian Statistics
- Passion for continuing to learn state-of-the-art techniques in ML/Data science
As a Machine Learning Engineer within Siri Experience, you will define new approaches for evaluating ML based systems, conversational AI, and model interpretability. You will run experiments, statistically interpret data with a mind on causation, data visualization, plus designing, building, and evaluating models. You will work with large amounts of real-world data to analyze and propose changes to Siri user experience. You will ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, data wrangling, etc. Your expertise in defining and measuring the online and offline end-to-end metrics will help communicate, evaluate, and iterate on state-of-the-art deployed models and predictors. This position offers the right person a chance to play an important role in the next revolution in machine learning and Natural Language Understanding/Conversational AI. You will contribute to a product that is redefining computing. You will be part of a team that's crafting groundbreaking conversational assistant technologies for both large scale systems and new client devices. You will work with the people who built the intelligent assistant that already helps millions of people get things done. This is a fast-paced role with high visibility, impact, and ensures we build the most advanced AI systems in the industry. Additional Requirements - Strong background in Applied Statistics, experimental design, A/B testing procedure, causal analysis, and cohort analysis. - Exposure to model interpretability techniques and their real-world advantages/drawbacks - Good Conversational AI domain knowledge - Intensely curious about data and love finding hidden relationships and patterns - Working experience with various logging and analytics frameworks - Experience working with end-to-end pipelines and/or crowd-sourced data labeling
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Statistics, Applied Math, Physics or related fields.
Back to top