AI/ML - Machine Learning Engineer, Accessibility
- Pittsburgh, PA
Posted: Jul 6, 2020
Role Number: 200179499
Are you interested in using your experience in Machine Learning to improve the accessibility of Apple products? Apple's AI/ML team is looking for a talented Machine Learning Engineer with experience in speech and/or multimodal modeling that is passionate about researching and prototyping ML-focused solutions that enable everyone to use Apple's products. You would work with us and collaborate closely with teams in Siri, Accessibility, and beyond to develop the next generation of accessibility tools.
- 5+ years of research experience in machine learning, speech, multimodal sensing, or related areas (e.g., sequence modeling, time-series modeling, sensor fusion, acoustic modeling, ASR, paralinguistics, etc.)
- Experience applying machine learning to solve practical problems
- Ability to quickly prototype new ideas and use creative approaches to solve sophisticated problems
- Proficiency with ML tools like pyTorch/TensorFlow/Jax, scikit-learn, etc.
- Ability to collaborate closely with multi-functional teams
Apple's central AI/ML org is looking for Machine Learning Engineers who are passionate about using machine learning to build new user experiences focused on accessibility. The team you will join is responsible for researching and prototyping solutions that enable or improve input modalities for accessibility use cases. We balance strong technical skills with keen pragmatism to identify and explore problems focused around speech and multimodal sensing. This group is highly collaborative and partners with teams across Apple including Siri, Accessibility, and others. In this role, you will work with speech or other time-series inputs, build appropriate data and modeling pipelines, apply a variety machine learning techniques, help integrate models on-device to power new experiences, and work with other teams to iterate on the end-user experience.
Education & Experience
PhD in Applied Machine Learning, Speech, Multimodal Modeling, or related field or MS with strong research track record
- - Experience working on accessibility-related applications
- - Experience taking ML projects to product
- - Experience working with end-to-end pipelines and/or crowd-sourced data labeling
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
Back to top