AI/ML - Engineering Program Manager, ML Hardware
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: May 1, 2020
Role Number: 200161653
Apple's Machine Learning Platform & Technologies team is seeking an experienced Engineering Program Manager to lead highly cross-functional efforts focused on hardware-related machine learning technologies. This is an opportunity to own and lead new ML initiatives and investigations for stakeholders both inside and outside of Apple. This role requires an energetic and motivated individual with strong communication, organization, and relationship-building skills who works well in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. You will partner with hardware & software engineering teams that deliver cutting-edge hardware-accelerated machine learning solutions. As a member of the AI/ML EPM team, you will be responsible for developing, driving, and shipping powerful, flexible, and secure ML solutions and providing product guidance and strategy to new customer-facing features that millions of customers around the world will use.
- 5+ years as a Project or Program Manager on large-scale consumer-facing feature or tools development
- Has shipped at least one large (multiple months of development) deliverable involving both hardware & software to customers in a principal leadership role through the entire life cycle (planning, executing, and shipping).
- Has been in a role that requires working cross-functionally with multiple teams; software and hardware engineering as well as other PMs, privacy, design, security, marketing, legal, and others.
- Has been in a role that owns providing regular executive-level project and program status in both written and verbal form.
- Have a spotless record of reliability and integrity representing your products, program, and engineering organization; a demonstrable history of delivering what you promise when you promise it.
- You will be expected to facilitate and drive the right cross-functional conversations to make the ML hardware roadmaps both focused and compelling; you will help design & plan features and technologies that will increase the performance and accuracy of ML training and inference, both on and off mobile devices. You will be driving collaboration and communication efforts both inside and outside of Apple, including representing MLPT products at Apple WWDC (World Wide Developer Conference). - You will provide comprehensive and effective ownership of large projects and features from inception through delivery; overseeing specifications, scope, requirements, timelines, and resource allocation. This ownership includes communicating all levels of project planning, development status, and executive reviews. This role is expected to be very autonomous and to constantly turn ideas into action and creatively overcome obstacles. - Your portfolio will cover multiple areas, including developer-facing features; development and improvement of Apple's ML hardware components; client and server work; focus on internal & external adoption of ML technologies; better collaboration with Apple HW teams, and team-level representation of ML Foundation efforts. - You will need to build and maintain new and existing relationships across Apple AI/ML organization, first-party App teams, the OS teams, relevant HW (Apple Neural Engine) teams, Privacy & Security, Marketing & Evangelism & Worldwide Developer Relations, Legal, and other Apple programs. Responsibilities include fostering trust and collaboration, negotiating alignment of priorities, and communicating and driving completion of dependencies. Making sure that good decisions are made by the right people is your priority.
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE/CS/CE or equivalent.
- - Experience shipping multiple global consumer-facing features at a large company whose primary products require both in-house software & hardware development.
- - Professional experience working on products or projects involving machine learning; especially on-device ML, ML-optimized hardware, custom silicon bring up, or data center buildout.
Back to top