AI/ML- Applied ML Engineer, Health AI
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Sep 16, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200160533
We are looking for applied scientists with a passion for using machine learning to transform intelligent user experiences. We are a close-knit team of highly accomplished, deeply technical research scientists and machine learning engineers focused on delivering cutting edge technologies that impact millions of users. As a member of this team, you will use your practical knowledge and experience with machine learning, computer vision, NLP and/or artificial intelligence to take on meaningful technical problems, and collaborate with the most innovative product development teams in the world. You will play a key role in defining, designing, implementing and evaluating algorithms involving unique data and objectives. You will collaborate with highly innovative product teams across Apple, and see projects through to deployment on 1 billion Apple devices worldwide. You will have the opportunity to contribute to every cool project around Apple, and transfer your ideas into solutions for some of the most challenging technical problems in the next generation of Apple products.
- 5+ years of practical experience applying ML to tackle real-world problems.
- Expertise in at least one area of deep learning, computer vision, NLP, or reinforcement learning.
- Strong experience in building early stage products, and making them robust and scalable.
- Ability to distill vague product experiences into concrete problem definitions.
- Skilled in explaining and presenting analyses and machine learning concepts to a broad technical audience.
- Creative, collaborative, and innovation focused.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE: Investigating innovative machine learning, computer vision, NLP, and artificial intelligence algorithms Designing and implementing production-ready machine learning pipelines Co-developing machine learning solutions product teams across Apple Providing technical mentorship on transitioning prototypes to high-performance production models
Education & Experience
MS or PhD in Machine learning, Computer Vision, or related field
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATION:
- Consistent track record of building machine learning and/or computer vision systems
- Proficiency training large scale models using modern machine learning frameworks (e.g. TensorFlow, PyTorch)
- Strong fundamentals in problem solving, algorithm design, and model building
- Deep understanding of probability and statistics, especially as relates to experiment analysis
- Passion for adopting new technologies with high product impact
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
Back to top