Advertising Operations Specialist
- Culver City, CA
Posted: May 27, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200171726
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. You bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Apple is in search of an experienced Ad Operations Specialist to join the Apple Services Digital Marketing team in Culver City, Los Angeles. In this role you will work hand-in-hand with media strategy, analytics, creative, and campaign strategy teams, facilitating the execution of all go-to-market display/video campaigns. As an Operations Specialist, you will be responsible for managing URL coding, trafficking, tag generation, and troubleshooting for display/video activity across Apple Services LOBs. You will help to identify and develop best practices from both a creative and technical operations perspective while also completing soup-to-nuts ad tech platform execution to ensure timely and accurate digital campaign launches. On this team, you will work across Apple's suite of Services: Apple Music, TV+, Apple Card, Apple Arcade, Apple Podcasts, Apple Books, Apple News+, and more.
- 2+ years of buy side experience at a Digital Media Agency in an Ad Operations dedicated role
- Expertise in ad serving technologies such as Google Campaign Manager (formerly DCM) and Sizmek
- Proficiency in recognizing tracking issues through thoughtful and thorough QA
- Strong troubleshooting skillset for QA of backend data discrepancies
- Ability to develop and test solutions for tracking issues and/or tag implementation errors (coding experience a plus)
- Depth of understanding of various ad tag structures (e.g. VAST/VPAID)
- Experience with QAing spec requirements and tag implementation with various publisher/DSP ad operations teams
- Comfortability with adapting workflow to shifts in priorities and urgencies
- Experience with various URL tagging structures (i.e. ad server/ MMP parameters and macros) and understanding of various attribution methodologies
- Experience in establishing systems and processes to create operational efficiencies
- Hyper organized and detail oriented by nature
You will be responsible for all aspects of technical campaign set up prior to the launches of digital display/video campaigns. Pre- and post-launch, strong troubleshooting expertise is required for continual in-depth QA of all display/video campaigns at the line item and creative level. Management of the creative functionality testing will also fall under this role to ensure that all technical spec requirements are met and that ads render correctly in the intended formats. Outside of tactical campaign execution and trafficking, this role is also responsible for various operations workflows such as developing ad operations process documentation, maintaining relationships with pertinent ad tech partners, working with the analytics team to optimize naming convention structures, advising data analysts to ensure we're getting the best insights out of our ad tech metadata, and continually keeping up-to-date with industry standards (i.e. IAB) to keep up to date with ops best practices.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree required; 2+ years of advertising operations experience required.
Back to top