ACS Field Engineer
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Oct 5, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200187025
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join Apple's Cloud Catalyst team as a Field Engineer. You will be key to establishing and implementing the best of Apple enterprise technologies within the broader Apple engineering ecosystem. Partnering with teams leveraging Apple cloud technologies for enhancing Apple products as well as identifying areas for opportunity and adding your input to process improvements and the creation of new technologies. This position is responsible for working closely with various Engineering teams to develop, implement, execute, analyze, and communicate the features and enhancements critical to deliver the next cloud services and cloud products for Apple.
- 5-10 years of experience working with relevant technology as either a user or field engineer.
- Experience presenting on technical concepts to endusers.
- Experience architecting highly available systems.
- Experience with containers and container orchestration (Rancher, Kubernetes, Docker, Mesos)
- Experience speaking at Industry events
- Hands on ability to code to create proof of concepts etc.
- Experience working in an open source community.
- Excellent technical knowledge and aptitude for learning.
- Ability to set and maintain goals, welcome feedback and enjoy success.
- Ability to drive a project from inception to completion
- Enthusiasm for solving challenging problems
- Team attitude: a willingness to roll up your sleeves, work with others and get stuff done
Maintaining relationships across Apple's product teams, business organizations, and external open source communities Understanding core concepts for cloud native technologies, specifically Kubernetes Providing technical consulting for Apple teams transforming to container solutions. Working with Apple teams to implement solutions based on ACI Compute technologies and integrations Demonstrating the impact of transformation for containerized and cloud native technologies in partnership with Apple teams Building kubernetes integrations to solve for Apple feature and scale problems Understanding feature requests and advocating for customers and users with program/product management and operations Providing leadership and customer feedback throughout the product or project lifecycle. Demonstrate excellent customer service skills through all levels of communication.
Education & Experience
- BS in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent employment
Back to top