Acoustic Engineer - Transducers
- Culver City, CA
Posted: May 15, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200127884
The Acoustics team at Beats Electronics is responsible for the acoustic design and overall sound quality of music playback on Beats products. We share a passion for music, audio acoustics and developing the highest quality sound systems. We are a dynamic, innovative and fast-paced team based in sunny Culver City, CA. We are seeking a transducer engineer to conceive and develop innovative drivers for Beats headphone, earphone, and speaker products.
- Experience developing transducers for high-fidelity loudspeakers, headphones and earphones
- Expertise in lumped-parameter, FEA and BE modeling of electroacoustics, magnetics, and mechanics
- Comprehensive understanding of transducer components, materials, assembly and manufacturing processes
- Expertise in standard methods for specifying and evaluating audio transducers and acoustic systems
- Working knowledge of audio analyzers - e.g. Klippel R&D/QC, Listen SoundCheck, Audio Precision APx
- Competency in statistical data analysis; competency with Matlab is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience working with high-volume, offshore manufacturers, and able to travel internationally
You will model transducers at the component-level and in their housings, using lumped-parameter, FEA, and BEM simulation tools, to optimize acoustic performance of Beats products. You will work on product development teams, interacting with Beats/Apple engineering counterparts (e.g. AE, EE, ME, ID, QA, etc.) to ensure acoustic design objectives are maintained. You will work independently as the main point of contact for transducers with the internal team, as well as driver suppliers and finished-product contract manufacturers. You will be responsible for the specification of transducer design requirements and for design verification. You will collaborate with transducer suppliers, providing oversight on driver assembly and production test processes and implementations, monitor their test results, and visit their production facilities, to ensure product performance and quality requirements are met with a high degree of consistency. You will conceive and explore innovative areas of audio transducer research, and mentor associate engineers in these areas and on development projects.
Education & Experience
BS or MS, or equivalent, with specialization in acoustics 5+ years experience developing audio transducers Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Back to top