Accessories Firmware Engineer
Posted: Apr 4, 2020
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200108367
The iPod | iPhone | iPad Accessories Engineering Team is seeking an enthusiastic firmware engineer. This is an individual contributor design engineering position. The job entails working with cross-functional groups to continually push the envelope of technology implemented in Apple products.
- The ideal candidate will have 4+ years experience developing embedded firmware.
- Experience with MCUs, peripherals, features, and development environments.
- Experience with board bring up and digital hardware.
- Ability to design and integrate code into a shipping product.
- Solid C coding abilities. Some assembly experience is a plus.
- Strong electrical system and software debugging skills. ICE/JTAG experience is preferred.
- Ability to read serial bus traces, board schematics, use an oscilloscope and logic analyzer.
- Mac OSX and/or iOS programming experience is a plus.
As an Accessories Firmware Engineer, you will have responsibilities spanning all aspects of product development: collaborate with marketing and cross-functional engineering teams to define product features and requirements; play a lead role in defining system architecture to implement new accessories and accessory features; design, implement, debug, and test embedded C code running on 8-bit, 16-bit, and 32-bit MCU's for Apple-branded accessories; support electrical bring-up and debug of prototype hardware; work with internal teams and external contract manufacturers to bring products to mass production; collaborate with software teams to define accessory communication protocols; and enable expansion of accessory ecosystem features through creation of test tools and sample accessories.
Education & Experience
BS/CS/EE/CE or relevant work experience.
Back to top