Accessibility Software Engineer - Speech
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Dec 16, 2019
Weekly Hours: 40
Role Number: 200131846
Are you interested in making the world a better place? Do you want to influence and create some of Apple's most important products? Apple's Accessibility Speech team is looking for a talented Speech and Speech applications engineer that is passionate and innovative about incorporating speech technologies in Apple's products to make them available to all and better for everyone.
- Strong development experience with C, Objective-C, or C++.
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt to existing source code and handle several concurrent projects.
- Demonstrated ability to write thoughtful, maintainable code.
- Ability to stay focused and prioritize a heavy workload while achieving exceptional quality
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results oriented with a positive attitude
- You bring passion and dedication to your job and are committed to our vision and supporting the Accessibility community
- You are dedicated to contributing to a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering excellence.
As an engineer on the Accessibility Speech team, you will develop, test, and apply text-to-speech and speech recognition technologies in both system level infrastructure and application features. Your code will interact with applications and services across the system. To succeed in this role, you must be a strong programmer and a creative problem solver who thrives in a fast-paced environment, working across teams and organizations. You have a passion for customer experience and a desire to help underserved segments of the population. You enjoy learning new things and creating life-changing applications. You possess strong skills in object-oriented software design and programming. You are excited about developing new features, maintaining existing code, fixing bugs, and contributing to overall system design.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- • Expertise in the following areas is a plus but not required:
- • Experience with voice related technology
- • Experience with accessibility
- • Strong visual design and UI skills
- • Strong API design knowledge
- • Strong Cocoa development skills
Back to top