Accessibility Engineer - iOS
- Cupertino, CA
Posted: Aug 27, 2019
Role Number: 200087198
Are you interested in making the world a better place? Do you want to help influence and create some of Apple's most important products? Here at Apple we believe that technology is most powerful when it empowers everyone. Our team, iOS Accessibility Software Engineering, is for a talented engineer who can contribute directly to our accessibility focused products.
- Ability to create and understand maintainable and performant Object-Oriented software designs
- Ability to write performant and correct multi-threaded code
- Talent for cleanly architecting UI features
- Passion for quality and attention to detail
- Aptitude for independently learning new technologies
- Ability to identify and resolve complex problems
- Excellent communication skills
Apple's Accessibility team is looking for a motivated and driven iOS Software Development Engineer to help develop features for blind, low-vision, and motor-impaired users. In our dynamic group, you'll have the rare and rewarding opportunity to help craft products that improve and enhance the lives of everyone who uses Apple products regardless of differences. You must be comfortable with rapidly evolving designs and requirements, and have excellent interpersonal skills. Throughout the process, you will work collaboratively with our world-class team of engineers, partner with designers, and coordinate with other teams at Apple including iOS Application teams, framework teams, and other hardware and software teams across Apple's entire product line. You'll join a small and focused team, but also work closely with the larger Accessibility organization colocated with us. Here you'll find that we: •. Have a wide range of experience, from new engineers to Apple veterans.. •. Provide a peaceful work environment where you can choose when to socialize and when to close find your own space and focus. •. Have an encouraging and growth-focused workplace culture. •. Offer excellent benefits. * This role is on-site in Cupertino, California. Relocation assistance is available.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- Experience with these technologies is nice to have, but not required.
- • UIKit or AppKit APIs
- •. Accessibility APIs (any platform)
- •. Blind and low vision related technologies
- •. Switch access technologies
- •. AAC technology
- If possible, provide a portfolio of your work.
Back to top