Posted: Mar 31, 2021
Role Number: 200206198
Do you have a passion for invention and self-challenge? Do you thrive with pushing the limits of what's considered feasible? As part of an elite modem team, you'll craft sophisticated leading-edge embedded firmware that deliver more performance in our products than ever before. You'll work across subject areas to transform improved hardware elements into a single, coordinated design. Join us, and you'll help us innovate new cellular systems technologies that continually outperform the previous iterations. By collaborating with other product development groups across Apple, you'll push the industry boundaries of what wireless systems can do and improve the product experience for our customers across the world. Do you want to have an impact on every single Apple product? As a Cellular Physical Layer Firmware Engineer on this team, you will be at the center of the embedded 5G/4G/multimode cellular firmware effort within a silicon design group responsible for designing and productizing state-of-the-art cellular SoCs. This position requires someone comfortable will all aspects of embedded software development, that thrives in a multifaceted multi-functional organization, is not afraid to debate ideas openly, and is flexible enough to pivot on constantly evolving requirements. We promote innovation and new technology. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with the Mac, iPhone, iPad, Apple TV, Apple Watch, AirPods, HomePod and a multitude of groundbreaking Accessories. We have done the same with services, including iTunes, the App Store, Apple Music, and Apple Pay. The same passion for innovation that goes into our products also applies to our practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Join us to help deliver the next amazing Apple product!
- Hands-on experience with PHY L1 Software/Firmware in 3G/4G and/or 5G.
- Good understanding of software engineering principles, and core computer science fundamentals.
- Proficiency with C and/or C++, compilers, build and source code control tools.
- Experience with memory constrained Real Time Operating Systems (RTOS) and concurrent programming.
- Working knowledge of computer architecture with particular emphasis on the HW/SW interfaces of high speed communication subsystems.
- Experience with silicon prototyping, emulation systems, and virtual platforms.
- Proficiency debugging embedded software systems.
- Familiarity with UARTs, JTAG, and oscilloscopes.
- Knowledge and experience of Matlab is a plus.
• Specify, design, and implement PHY L1 firmware of a state-of-the-art mobile wireless communications system. • Implement key scheduling, control processing in tight timeline, latency and energy constraints. • Work with Software designers to define interfaces to protocol stack, MAC/RRC and required processor subsystems. • Assist in the development of pre-silicon emulation systems/virtual platforms and use them for pre-silicon L1 FW design and verification. • Evaluate and implement leading edge tools for build, formal verification and test. • Define methodologies and standard methodologies.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related discipline is required.