- McLean, VA
Appian is looking for an Architect to scale Appian’s technical solutions and enable Appian’s delivery teams. As an Architect, you will be a key technical leader within Appian’s Customer Success team as well as a trusted technical advisor to Appian’s clients. In this role, not only do you become an expert at scaling process applications on our software, but also become business process experts in the various industries of our clients. The ideal candidate will combine excellent technical, product and business skills to make our customers and partners successful.
- You are an expert practitioner in software design with at least 10 years of hands-on technical experience and ideally, you’re familiar with business process management in a consulting environment.
- You have experience with configuration, deployment, and testing of enterprise software applications in particular subject to agile delivery methodologies.
- You are passionate about technology, excited by tough challenges, and are a natural problem solver
- You have demonstrated past breakout success with enterprise software systems design and implementation.
- You’re at ease in client-facing situations and have had previous success presenting complex technical concepts & designs to a variety of audiences
- You intimately understand the federal procurement process and are not a stranger to RFPs, RFIs, etc.
- You have a Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field/degree
You will be successful in this role if you will be able to:
- Work directly with project stakeholders throughout the entire lifecycle of multiple projects to define, design, implement, and review business process based solutions.
- Work with teams to identify and remediate technical risks early in the application development lifecycle.
- Collect and review technical challenges with a team of architects and distill into common best practices and common solutions.
- Design and review complex solutions with Appian software and remove technical impediments.
- Contribute directly to the product feedback loop based on design patterns, field feedback, implementation challenges, and product features needed by Appian clients.
- Work with clients on all aspects of their program to drive technical success and efficiency, including version control, configuration management, and other DevOps practices.
- Guiding client enterprise architecture teams as needed during the design and implementation of scalable solutions.
- Drive Appian product adoption by empowering clients to become self-sufficient with building process applications on their own.
About Our Tech Stack:
Appian’s platform (PaaS) is built within a modern Java framework from front to back. On the front end, you’ll work with our unique patented language, SAIL. You'll get to work with across a variety of relational databases (SQL, MySQL) and architect systems using the latest enterprise integration tools & protocols (APIs, web services SOAP/REST, MuleSoft, Salesforce, ServiceNow, Office365). We also love experimenting with the latest in RPA (like BluePrism), AI, and machine learning tools (like Google ML). Our Platform as a Service is implemented on leading cloud providers like AWS. We pride ourselves in always practicing innovative development philosophies often drawn from agile principles.
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Back to top