SOX Compliance Senior Manager
Appian provides a software development platform that combines intelligent automation and enterprise low-code development to rapidly deliver powerful business applications. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk and compliance.
The SOX Compliance Senior Manager works closely with Appian’s process owners, leadership and external auditors in order to manage the SOX compliance program. Appian went public in 2017 and accordingly is new to the SOX world. This role will be instrumental in designing and launching Appian’s SOX compliance program and will have an impact throughout the organization. The role reports up through the Controller organization and is a key member of the Finance team.
- Gathers, analyzes, and reports data documenting adherence with internal controls and ICFR
- Coordinates efforts across multiple departments to ensure SOX compliance requirements are met within required deadlines
- Updates business process narratives, risks and controls matrices, and related controls documentation
- Identifies internal control deficiencies, proposes corrective actions, and ensures the timely implementation of these corrective actions
- Develops controls test plans and performs testing of controls
- Manages the relationship with the external auditor from a SOX perspective as they go through an integrated audit.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 4+ years of experience in a public company subject to SOX 404B, or 4+ years experience in public accounting audit/SOX consulting; software industry experience preferred
- Total related finance experience of 5+ years
- CPA preferred but not required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to meet directly with senior management and company stakeholders
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to prioritize tasks and meet required project deadlines
- Ability to work through testing independently
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing and dynamic environment
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
Back to top