Are you equally as talented at as you are passionate about writing sophisticated code? Are you ready to dive deep into the intricacies of one of the world’s most cutting-edge software platforms in the industry?
As a Software Engineer working on the Appian platform, your mission will be to ensure that Appian is always fast, scalable, and up to whatever tasks our customers configure it to do. You will be solving problems of scale and flexibility that most engineers never see, building a product capable of serving our customers in ways you never imagined. Your scope extends from the high-performance data layer to the cross-platform user interface. This position requires the mental agility to jump from the deep code-level view of Appian, to the designer’s view, to the end user’s view, and back again. Learn how to write software that runs software, and enhance our declarative programming language.
You will design and develop systems that allow our customers to build amazing enterprise apps for mobile and the web without writing a line of code. The product features you write will impact millions of Appian users worldwide, and will expose you to an incredible range of frameworks, patterns and methods as you hone your comp sci kung fu.
About the Job:
- Master the advanced technologies we use to revolutionize the way software is built.
- Utilize your knowledge of our software to design new features and implement improvements to existing features.
- Design features of increasing sophistication in small, tightly integrated, and highly-skilled teams.
- Develop new user-oriented features; engineer complex systems.
- Manage availability, latency, scalability, and efficiency of Appian by engineering reliability into software and systems.
- Respond to and resolve emergent problems; write software and build automation to prevent problem recurrence.
- B.S. or MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering preferred, other related technical disciplines considered
- Superior academic achievement with a GPA of 3.7 or higher (preferred)
- Fluency in Java, C++, and familiarity with git and Shell
- Experiences building web-based J2EE apps preferred
- Previous software development internship(s) preferred
Back to top