Senior Technical Writer - Information Developer
At Appian, we use documentation to solve problems and help users achieve goals. Documentation can make our product seem harder than it is, or make the hard parts seem easy. It is an inextricable part of the user's experience, and as such, we treat it as a part of the product and develop it similarly.
As a Senior Information Developer, working in the Engineering Department at Appian, you communicate the product to our users, and help shape the nature of that communication. You help develop and improve our communication style, our strategies for content management, and the plan for the future of our docs. We have a lot of reverence for our documentation, and you’ll work with product managers who are passionate about their features and want them documented in a way that makes them as accessible and successful as possible.
One of the guiding philosophies at Appian is to stay close to the work, regardless of position; as a Senior Information Developer, you don’t just editorialize, you also write new content.
If you enjoy writing, solving problems, working with large bodies of documentation, and thrive on devising new communication strategies, don’t hesitate to apply today.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to create compelling, technical documentation that helps users succeed with the Appian platform as it evolves
- Using a number of feedback channels, identify and solve problems with documentation
- Ensure that our content meets high-quality standards, and is consistent in style and tone
- Propose improvements to our content strategies, and help execute them
- BA/BS and 5+ years of experience writing and delivering software documentation
- Familiar with web-development technologies
- Experience managing documentation content for one or more products/product branches
- Familiar with publication strategies and single-sourcing content.
- Experience reusing content
- Exposure to an Agile software-development methodology
- Experience in an enterprise software product company (SaaS/PaaS products)
- Experience with other digital content vehicles, such as video tutorials, webinars, etc.
- Experience with version-control software (we use Git)
- Experience integrating product information from different channels
- Experience with using static site generators (we use Jekyll)
Appian is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual preference, age, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, marital status, physical handicap, or disability, except where these are bona fide occupational qualifications. All applicants are given equal consideration without regard to the above criteria.
Back to top