Senior Technical Writer
As a Senior Technical Writer also known as Information Development at Appian, you’ll work with an enthusiastic conglomerate of writers and product managers to further our documentation methodology, create and implement strategies to manage the customer experience, and directly contribute exemplary content of your own.
Now let’s talk about you. You’re a creative person who reveres the power of language and understands that how you say it is as important as what you’re saying. While we can’t definitively diagnose you with a passion for writing without tests, there are some telltale signs:
- You’ve been accused of taking docs too seriously and wanting to do too much.
- You engage in extracurricular writing activities like blogging or fiction writing.
- You’ve debated the definition, context, and implications of a single word in excess of 10 minutes (on more than one occasion).
- When asked who your favorite author or novel is, you annoy others by being unable to limit yourself to just one answer.
- You have, or have had in the past, a word-of-the-day app or screensaver.
If any of that sounds like you, please, apply today! And we love reading thoughtful cover letters.
- Produce high-quality documentation that supports our users and our product strategy.
- Ensure fulfillment of our content strategy through articulate reviews, examples, and guided revision.
- Collaborate with product managers to determine the best strategy for documenting the evolving product landscape.
- Consult on in-product wording and embedded documentation, as well as terminology surrounding new and existing features.
- Look for opportunities to explore and experiment with novel documentation technologies and styles.
- Ensure that our content meets high-quality standards, and applies the appropriate style and tone.
- BA/BS and 5+ years of experience writing and delivering software documentation.
- 2+ years of experience in a senior or lead role.
- A technical background, or a strong knack for learning technical concepts and tools.
- Exposure to an Agile software development methodology.
- Experience in an enterprise software product company (SaaS/PaaS products).
- Experience with other digital content vehicles, such as video tutorials, webinars, etc.
- Experience with version control software (we use Git).
Back to top