Senior Technical Curriculum Developer
- Flexible / Remote
At Appian, we’re not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, and innovation; great people, great software! You’ll partner with internal product teams to transform our content in order to train, empower, and make life easier for our users.
What you’ll do:
- Author eLearning lessons, storyboards, exercises and supporting material either independently or in collaboration with other content developers and/or subject matter experts
- Improve and edit learning materials for clarity, consistency, and instructional efficacy as well as create measurement tools to assess the effectiveness of training material
- Partner with our Product Management team to help make informed content design decisions and our Media Production team to conceptualize visual aids and graphics for supporting course content
- Maintain and support eLearning best practices
- Experience or familiarity with enterprise software training development, or related technical field
- Experience organizing complex information and content from a variety of sources into a coherent and logical outline and narrative
- Experience with eLearning authoring tools: Captivate, Articulate, or comparable tools for developing interactive learning experiences
- Proven experience applying Adult Learning Theory to create courseware, including identifying learning objectives and outcomes, course scripts, and course storyboards
- Strong communication skills, especially written; able to translate complex concepts into appropriate language for a wide range of learners with varying backgrounds
- Experience using both ADDIE and SAM content development methods
- Innovative, self-motivated, highly organized, and constantly employing new ideas to make content more engaging for learners
- Exceptionally creative, collaborative, and truly excited about building interactive training content
- Most importantly, a passion for technology, learning, and training!
Preferred Experience Level: Minimum of 6 years experience developing e-learning or blended learning content. Knowledge of adult learning theory, e-learning and instructional design principles, ADDIE, Adobe Captivate, Articulate, and SCORM. Must be able to work under tight deadlines.
Education: B.S. in Education, Instructional Design, or related field is desired
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Back to top