As part of our Data Server squad you’ll dive into challenges of scaling a complex and powerful cloud platform. You’ll leverage the latest tools to build a new data layer to accelerate data persistence and retrieval by making it intuitive and fast. As an increasing number of apps are being built by our users on the platform the data layer team must shape the future of Appian’s reporting engine.
In addition, you will be improving the rapidly growing, complex and highly available server architecture for our customers. You will need to define best practices for automated procedures in upgrading and debugging performance tuning issues. We expect you to know database systems inside and out and be a little bit obsessive about performance and scalability.
Join us as we scale into the future!
What is Appian? It’s an application platform that lets business people build powerful cloud and mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
- Data is your passion. You’re an efficient and elegant coder, ideally with 5+ years of strong experience developing applications using MySQL and/or SQL, MariaDB, PostgreSQL
- 5+ years of experience developing with Java (or other object-oriented language)
- Knowledge of de-facto standards and best practices in MySQL
- Expert knowledge implementing solutions using MySQL (or any InnoDB storage engine)
- Data structures & algorithms delight you; you thrive on solving challenging problems within large, high-performance, real-time, distributed data systems
- Always excited to dive into new concepts and technologies
Working in Appian Engineering:
- Modern tech stack & commitment to continuously evolving our java ecosystem; exploring and integrating new technologies is an integral part of our culture
- Indie time & learning time set aside every month for side projects and to foster growth and promote innovation
- Casual & flexible working environment
- Company retreat, movie nights, fun events bring the whole family! (Mostly virtually based at this time)
- Lateral mobility encouraged by supportive senior leadership
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.