Senior Quality Engineer
Master of quality techniques and tools. Ensure high quality and timely delivery of Appian software to customers. Champion of understanding changes from the customer perspective and ensuring quality is an integral part of the team decision process. Strives to understand complex system interactions and dependencies that can cause quality issues and ensures engineers account for them in their design and testing. Analyzes mistakes and helps ensure they do not recur.
- Manually test and troubleshoot new features from a multitude of dimensions: systems integration, GUI, Compatibility, User Acceptance Testing, functionality, database, and regression Test features across web, Android, and iOS platforms.
- Perform analysis, research, and troubleshooting of software defects and aid in the documentation of defects and anomalies.
- Build, maintain and improve test artifacts for rapid and efficient reuse by the Test Engineering team.
- Work with other scrum team members to define and review Acceptance Criteria.
- Participate in critical release activities for all platforms.
- Ensure complete and timely reporting of bugs and test results.
- Know and able to effectively apply test design techniques.
- Systematically analyze requirements ensuring they provide effective input into Engineering activities.
- Effectively and efficiently determine root causes of leaked defects.
- Leads and/or participates in release management activities.
Preferred Experience Level: 4+ years of relevant experience (e.g., Quality, Test, Performance, or Software Engineer)
Education: B.S. in Computer Science or related field
Meet Some of Appian's Employees
Director Of Sales Engineering
Peter helps account executives at Appian work with prospects to have a better understanding of how the company’s software operates and best fits the needs of the businesses served.
Back to top