Senior Product Manager (backend)
- McLean, VA
At Appian, we’re not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, and innovation; great people, great software! As a Senior Product Manager, you’ll be embedded on a small team of technical staff, interact with key business stakeholders, and own the prioritized product backlog to ensure your team delivers high-quality software with each and every iteration. This is specifically a more backend feature oriented product management role. What is Appian? It’s an application platform that lets business people build powerful cloud and mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
What you’ll do: Prioritize, define, and ensure success of backend product features for various users at the roadmap/release level (we release quarterly) as well as functionalities within each feature at the sprint level (two weeks sprints)
- Prioritize what we should build and when by collaborating with stakeholders on product vision and strategy
- Share ideas and receive feedback on new features through presentations each quarter before a new release
- Define how those features will work and look through close collaboration with engineers in design sessions, mockups, UX review, and usability testing
- Manage the release and sprint backlog through planning, backlog grooming, working with dev, and review
- Write detailed specification for stakeholders to review and provide feedback on
- Ensure successful build out of features and ensure users to be successful by tracking adoption/usage
- Drive each sprint through development, review, and testing
- See features through documentation, prioritization of bugs and enhancements, and usage analysis
- You are a curious person and an engineer at heart with an innate desire to make an impact
- You understand what a roadmap for an enterprise software product looks like and can work with a team to guide the delivery
- You are exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about building great product features and experiences
- You have an ability to empathize with both stakeholders and end users to make the right compromises that can deliver value
- You have sharp negotiation skills, impressive organization, and superb writing abilities
- Most importantly, you are passionate about software!
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
Back to top