Senior Payroll Specialist
Appian is booming and looking for a Senior Payroll Specialist to support the exciting growth we're experiencing globally. We're looking for someone to handle our payroll data entry, processing, auditing, and maintenance of employee payroll records for our global technology company based in Reston, VA. Are you a highly organized team player with ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining special attention to detail? Do you have a passion for process improvement that allows you to make necessary changes that sets your team up for success? This could be the job for you!
About the role:
- Prepare and pre-audit the monthly payrolls for multiple foreign countries.
- Maintain compliance procedures in foreign countries.
- Support payroll processing for all subsidiaries as needed.
- Ensure timely and accurate payroll processing of all new hires, terminations, transfers and promotions.
- Ensure timely and accurate processing of all sales commissions, bonuses and other incentive pay compensation.
- Provide support for starting payroll in new countries when applicable.
- Stock compensation administration in foreign countries.
- Assist Human Resources with onboarding new hire documents.
- Variable pay administration workflow.
- Identify and implement enhancements and controls around processes in HRIS and payroll systems.
- Provide payroll processing backup support globally.
- Cognos report writing.
- Routine audit reporting.
- Prepare files for 3rd party vendors.
- Manage local jurisdiction payroll legislation requirements.
- Professional customer service to internal and external partners.
- Manage employee leave accrual balances in system of record.
- Document process procedures.
- Aptitude to safeguard sensitive employee information.
- Prepare net to gross and/or gross to net calculations.
- Support company employee’s in all payroll related matters and assists with employee self-service changes.
- Maintain professional and technical job knowledge by attending seminars and workshops and maintaining professional networks and contacts.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting is required
- 5 years US payroll experience, Global payroll is a huge plus
- Certified payroll professional certification a plus
- Excellent working knowledge of international, federal, state, FICA and local tax withholdings laws and regulations
- Strong interpersonal and written/verbal communication skills
- Italian, Spanish, French, German, or Dutch language are a plus
- Ability to handle highly sensitive and confidential employee information in professional manner.
- Strong execution skills, advanced analytical skill
What you'll bring to the table:
- Intermediate to advanced excel skills
- Ultimate Software / UltiPro experience preferred
- Celergo software experience a plus
Meet Some of Appian's Employees
Director Of Sales Engineering
Peter helps account executives at Appian work with prospects to have a better understanding of how the company’s software operates and best fits the needs of the businesses served.
Back to top