Senior Director, Product Marketing
We are seeking a strong, experienced marketing leader to manage content marketing for Appian. The ideal candidate should show a strong history of being a change driver and innovator in previous roles. Responsibilities include management of Appian’s product marketing team, industry marketing team, content operations, and top-of-funnel content marketing.
- Organize and manage strong team of product marketers and industry marketers.
- Ensure work product consistently maintains a high level of quality
- Ensure work product is consistent with overall company messaging themes
- Create a content marketing strategy in conjunction with input from Appian’s Demand Generation team and other stakeholder inside and outside marketing.
- Manage a globally visible editorial calendar that defines Appian’s content roadmap. Align that calendar to the needs of marketing campaigns and other priorities.
- Build and manage buyer personas. Develop a content strategy that supports the buyer journey for each of these personas.
- Continuously audit and curate existing content library. Assess gaps based on an understanding of the buyer’s journey for our targeted personas and proactively address those gaps.
- Leverage in house resource and contractors to build content. Build and manage relationships with those contractors as needed. Where applicable, incorporate third party earned or paid content from media and analysts into the strategy.
- Improve processes to enable rapid creation of associated content (infographics, blog posts, etc.) from pillar content (surveys, white papers, etc.).
- Monitor and analyze the performance of different content in driving awareness, engagement, and pipeline. Refine the content strategy based on results.
- Interface operationally with digital marketing, creative, and other constituencies. Build a content operations function to facilitate smooth processes for content development and distribution. Ensure systems support for this function by driving the implementation or enhancement of systems to automate these processes.
- Brainstorm new and creative content strategies.
- BS/MS degree in marketing or a related field
- 10+ years experience in product marketing or other content-centric marketing functions
- Strong understanding of related marketing functions, including digital and creative
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising content that engages, informs and motivates
- Good creative sense
- Solid knowledge of analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Brightfunnel, Tableau)
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in online marketing and measurement
Meet Some of Appian's Employees
Director Of Sales Engineering
Peter helps account executives at Appian work with prospects to have a better understanding of how the company’s software operates and best fits the needs of the businesses served.
Back to top