Senior Consultant - UK
Appian, an enterprise software company, is looking for an experienced technical senior consultant who is interested in solving challenging business problems by utilizing Appian's industry leading Business Process Management (BPM) software technology.
As a BPM Senior Consultant in Appian's Professional Services Organization, you will learn our BPM software and the project methodology which delivers BPM success to our clients. BPM Consultants work directly with project stakeholders throughout the entire life-cycle of projects to define, design, and implement business process based solutions.
Appian's BPM software technology allows for process solutions to be rapidly implemented across various industry verticals. Not only do Appian consultants become experts at building process applications on our software, they also become business process experts in the various client industries they work.
Location: United Kingdom
Travel: Up to 75%
- Work with key client stakeholders to define business processes
- Gather functional and technical system requirements
- Setup client side architecture, install software, and configure for high performance and scalability
- Design and implement BPM based solutions using Appian BPM software
- Provide demonstrations to clients throughout the entire project life-cycle
- Design and implement complex enterprise integrations with industry standard technologies: Oracle, LDAP, Active Directory, and more
- Lead teams of Appian Consultants, Partner Resources, and Client Resources on project related tasks ensuring delivery dates are met
- Contribute to Appian Online Community by developing reusable product extensions and by writing knowledge articles based on project experience
- Drive BPM adoption within client organizations by empowering client resource to become self-sufficient with building process applications on their own
- Assist clients in identifying other business process opportunities that could be targeted with Appian's software
- 3+ years related experience in IT
- 3+ years of specialized experience in software delivery or software development (Java/JEE)
- Experience with configuration, deployment, and testing of enterprise software applications
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong problem solving and design skills
Experience or working knowledge in each of the following technologies:
- JEE Application Servers - JBoss, Weblogic, WebSphere
- Web Servers - Apache, IIS
- Operating Systems - Windows, Red Hat Linux, AIX
- Prior software consulting experience, ideally in a Portal, BPM, DM or EAI related setting
- Project Management skills (Risk Management, Scope Management, Change Control, etc.)
- Server Architecture experience dealing with high availability environments
Meet Some of Appian's Employees
Director Of Sales Engineering
Peter helps account executives at Appian work with prospects to have a better understanding of how the company’s software operates and best fits the needs of the businesses served.
Back to top