Senior Cloud Engineer
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to work with a highly-experienced team with various academic and industry backgrounds on cutting-edge technology. We work on a wide array of problems including security, scalability and performance of enterprise-level systems and applications.
Senior Cloud Engineers will enhance our offering by becoming an expert with our software and operations and leveraging our own platform to orchestrate our entire operation. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about their engineering craft. The ideal candidate will apply their software engineering knowledge in a collaborative manner no matter the task, solving complex problems whether they touch the customer or simply compliment the work of our team.
- Provide technical leadership in the rollout of new Cloud features and offerings.
- Desire to lead continual improvement in the availability, performance, functionality and security of our offering.
- Enable and Empower a fast-growing Engineering organization to conduct operations in the Cloud infrastructure in an automated and efficient manner.
- Reduce lead-time for infrastructure delivery, changes in Cloud by using smart automation and self-service platforms.
- Work with various groups within Appian to establish standard operating procedures and best practices that help achieve a balance between security, agility and cost-effectiveness.
- Pursue complex development, automation, and business process problems.
- Mentor other engineers to bring them quickly up to speed and acquainted with Appian's culture and environment.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar and at least 3 years of experience working with IAAS providers (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Understanding of SaaS, PaaS, IaaS industry with hands on experience with public cloud offerings (e.g., AWS, GCP, Azure).
- Experience in IaaS security models.
- Experience coding in Java, Python, and at least one scripting language.
- Experience with Java application server platforms such as Tomcat, or JBoss.
- Experience with UNIX or its variants, such as Linux.
- Experience with Cloud design principles.
- Excellent at problem solving and a talent for identifying creative solutions.
- Desire to partner with organizations and customers to help lead continual improvement in the availability, performance, functionality and security of a service.
- Excellent communication skills and skilled at providing exceptional customer experience (verbal/written).
Nice to Have
- Experience with RDBMS platforms such as MariaDB, MySQL, Oracle or SQL Server.
- Hands-on experience using AWS Services (Athena, Cloudwatch, EC2, ELB, Route53, S3, VPC) to support mission-critical systems.
- Familiarity with container technologies, orchestration, and container deployment.
- Familiarity with low-code platforms.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
Back to top