Senior Attorney - Rome
The Senior Attorney in Europe will a the primary legal resource for Appian’s European sales team and will report to Appian’s General Counsel in the United States. It requires significant experience negotiating, drafting, and analyzing software and software services contracts, such as software licensing and professional consulting services contracts. Ability to research legal issues specific to certain countries, work with miscellaneous human resources and other international clients and partners before and after regular business hours may also be required.
This role can be in Milan, Rome, or Madrid.
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience and/or qualities:
- Ability to read critically, write persuasively, draft legal agreements in and negotiate in English and Italian and/or Spanish fluently
- Demonstrated effective writing and interpersonal skills
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in commercial software contracts, in the areas of contract administration, management and negotiation, demonstrating increasing responsibility
- Experience with non-standard contract change requests, contract terminations, contract modifications, and changes in scope
- Highly motivated self-starter capable of working independently, taking the initiative to handle complex challenges, prioritizing multiple ongoing projects, and developing quick turn-around contract management strategies
- Excellent problem solving, organizational and communications skills
- Skilled with Microsoft Word and other software products as required
- Solid business judgment
- Juris Doctorate required
- Must be able to travel to Appian headquarters in the United States for two weeks of initial training and on an annual basis for additional training, and must be able to travel within the EU on an occasional basis for internal and customer meetings
- Enterprise software company work experience is strongly preferred
Commensurate with experience. Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
Back to top