The Senior Attorney is responsible for the review, negotiation, and drafting of Appian’s contracts as well as handling other legal matters for a fast-growing software company.
This position will be the primary legal resource for Appian’s global sales team and will report to Appian’s General Counsel or a Deputy General Counsel. It requires significant experience negotiating, drafting and analyzing information technology related contracts, such as software licensing and professional consulting services contracts. Work with international clients and partners before and after regular business hours may also be required.
Background and Experience
The ideal candidate will possess the following experience and/or qualities:
- Ability to read critically, write persuasively, and speak fluently
- Demonstrated effective writing and interpersonal skills
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in commercial, information technology contracts, in the areas of contract administration, management and negotiation, demonstrating increasing responsibility
- Experience with non-standard contract change requests, contract terminations, contract modifications, and changes in scope
- Highly motivated self-starter capable of working independently, taking the initiative to handle complex challenges, prioritizing multiple ongoing projects, and developing quick turn-around contract management strategies
- Excellent problem solving, organizational and communications skills
- Skilled with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Outlook and other software products as required
- Solid business judgment
- Juris Doctorate required
- Must be able to work on-site at Appian headquarters in Tysons, VA
- Software company work experience is preferred
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
Meet Some of Appian's Employees
Peter V.Director Of Sales Engineering
Peter helps account executives at Appian work with prospects to have a better understanding of how the company’s software operates and best fits the needs of the businesses served.
Back to top