Senior Application Developer
Appian is seeking a Senior Application Engineer to be part of the Business Applications group whose primary goal is to help Appian realize for ourselves the vision of our Software Platform by using it to run all aspects of our business. As a result, we can:
- Bring Appian business functions together with Appian software so teams can operate most efficiently and take action with the best information available.
- Empathize with our customers because every Appian employee uses our software every day.
- Make Appian software better by using the latest pre-release of our software so that we can find bugs and enhancements before our customers do.
The Senior Application Engineer would support our fast growing company by creating, presenting, and implementing Appian's technical solutions using our latest releases in an Agile development environment. He/she would quickly learn Appian’s business processes and apply the latest versions of our technology to real-world business problems to improve Appian’s business operations and software platform.
- Work with key Appian stakeholders to define business processes
- Gather functional and technical system requirements
- Design and implement BPM based solutions using Appian BPM software
- Provide demonstrations to stakeholders throughout the entire project life-cycle
- Design and implement complex enterprise integrations with industry standard technologies
- Mentor other ABA permanent and rotating team members on project related tasks
- Improve the Appian product through development on new features and reporting defects and enhancements to product and documentation in a clear and timely manner
- Work with colleagues across Appian to receive the support needed to accomplish goals
- Resolve application defects and complete enhancements requests
- Use Appian APIs to develop custom Java plug-ins to deliver complete solutions as needed
- Work in an agile development environment
- Bachelor of Science degree in computer science, computer engineering, math, engineering, or equivalent field experience
- Experience in architecting/designing/developing enterprise applications using BPM software such as Appian or similar rapid development platform
- Experience designing and optimizing databases (preferably MySQL)
- Experience in designing and developing web services and SOAP/REST APIs.
- Experience or working knowledge of JBoss, Weblogic, or WebSphere
- Project management skills (risk management, scope management, change control, etc.)
- Strong communication and presentation skills coupled with strong problem solving and design skills
- Ability to thrive in a unique culture where thinking outside of the box is required daily and creative input is necessary to solve business problems
- Prior experience in Appian application development is a plus
- Prior Java development experience is a plus
Meet Some of Appian's Employees
Manager, Software Development
James loves being on the cutting edge of technology and working with his team to help businesses build their own software applications in order to meet their needs.
Back to top