Scrum Master, Software Engineering
- McLean, VA
At Appian, we’re not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, and innovation; great people, great software! As a Scrum Master on an Engineering squad at Appian you will help build the next generation of our core low-code application development platform and leverage your knowledge of industry proven frameworks and drive the appropriate Agile methodology (Scrum/Kanban/etc) focused on predictable, quality delivery and driving continuous improvement of the organization.
What is Appian? It’s a low-code application platform that lets business people build powerful enterprise web and mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
- You have 4+ years experience building and delivering software applications and infrastructure
- You have at least 1 year experience coaching Agile teams
- Agile is your mantra and quality is your goal
- You are a master of cross team facilitation and dependency management
- You are passionate about removing blockers
- You have a basic knowledge of software systems and architecture and can empathize with developers
- You have a strong working knowledge of modern software tools such as JIRA, GitHub/GitLab
- You know how CI/CD work and have helped in their implementation
- You have a track record of using Agile and DevOps metrics to drive team improvements
- You hold a BS in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience in an Agile Software Development environment
How You’ll Contribute:
- In one of our Agile squads, you will teach, mentor, and coach cross functional members (Developers, Product Managers, Quality Engineers) on the proper application of agile methodologies and on emerging Agile and Lean methods
- You will facilitate Agile ceremonies and drive the squad toward data-driven experiments and changes
- You will help remove impediments, escalate as needed, and ensure the squad is setup for success in delivering its commitments
- You will provide regular communication to stakeholders for awareness of progress and impediments
- You will look for opportunities to improve efficiency and effectiveness of squad practices
- You will develop new processes, drive Agile adoption, and facilitate continuous improvement of our Software Development Life Cycle
- You will partner with other Agilists to share knowledge and improve department-wide agile practices
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
Back to top