Sales Training and Development Specialist
Appian provides a leading low-code software development platform that enables organizations to rapidly develop powerful and unique applications. The applications created on Appian’s platform help companies drive digital transformation and competitive differentiation.
To support our rapidly growing sales team, we are seeking a Sales Training and Development Specialist. In this role, you will have a direct hand in training and guiding new Account Executives so they can quickly become productive and close deals. This role reports to the Director of Sales Enablement and will require approximately 25% travel.
1) Sales New Hire Onboarding
- Lead training for new hires in Appian’s formula for sales success. Major areas include sales process, sales messaging, sales tools, and other necessary sales success skills.
- Leverage multiple modalities to train/guide/coach sales new hires (in a 1:1 or 1:Many environments). These include but are not limited to Live Training, eLearning, Virtual Training, Google+, Podcasts, Documentation, Best Practices, Case Studies, Success Stories, Role-Playing, Scenarios and Certifications.
- Monitor progress of new hires and assess performance ensure they meet proficiency standards
- Collaborate with other departments to maintain an excellent new hire experience
- Manage a new hire training calendar with multiple groups at all times.
- Drive continuous evaluation and assessment to facilitate improvement of the onboarding program, including quantitative evaluation of performance metrics.
- Assist with other trainings as needed.
2) LearnCore Administration
- Administrative responsibility for our Sales Learning System
- Evaluating use and quality of materials, recommending improvements
- Reporting on use and success rates of courses
3) Sales Enablement Materials Catalog
- Organize, enhance, and promote the materials available which are tied to our sales enablement initiatives
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university with a focus on curriculum development or adult learning theory.
- Minimum 2+ years of related training, sales and/or sales training experience
- Proficiency in computer skills (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and Google equivalents).
- High sense of urgency combined with an ability to work independently. Someone who takes initiative, is methodical and thorough is critical for this role.
- Experience in e-learning development / course creation a PLUS
- Manages multiple projects simultaneously with skill, attention to detail, tenacity, and a focus on results.
- Demonstrates strong project management and presentation skills.
Back to top