Can you consistently deliver customer success and obtain outstanding results when you have a great product to sell?
Appian could be the place for you.
The Appian Platform is unifying technology that makes all of our customers’ systems better. We offer a cutting-edge product that brings together process, data, collaboration, and low-code mobile app development. And, it’s getting noticed. PC Mag called Appian, “…the most mature, easiest to use low-code platform we tested for creating BPM apps.” What’s more? Organizations around the world are buying in ever-larger amounts and deploying Appian far and wide.
As a Sales Engineer, you will actively drive and manage the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical adviser and product advocate. Using technical creativity and business acumen, you will illustrate the value that Appian’s platform can provide. You must be able to engage and articulate product positioning to both business and technical users in competitive scenarios. You will also rapidly identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process.
- Partner with Account Executives to achieve defined sales goals.
- Lead efforts to ensure the delivery of all technical resources into the sales campaigns.
- Assist in the production of RFPs and other proposals to clients.
- Propose technical and creative business solutions in support of sales activities.
- Design and deliver high quality technical Proof of Concepts for prospective customers.
- Present technical and business aspects of proposed solutions to a C-Level audience.
- Represent Appian’s product to customers and at field events such as conferences, summits, seminars, etc.
- Assist with the radiation strategy within the target accounts by building customer relationships.
- Manage target accounts that may span multiple Account Executives.
- Work with colleagues across the organization to receive the support needed to accomplish the technical goals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Math, Business Management, Computer Science.
- 5+ years as a successful Pre-Sales Engineer OR 5+ years in a Professional Services/Consulting role that is client facing and involves sales scenarios.
- Able to thrive in a unique culture where thinking outside of the box is required daily and creative input is necessary to solve business problems.
- Technical depth to respond to all functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs.
- Proven success conveying customer requirements to Product Management teams.
- Familiarity with Business Process Management Platforms/Frameworks is a plus: Appian, Pegasystems, IBM, Oracle, TIBCO, etc.
- Experience in production environments (application servers, web servers, databases).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, customer interaction, requirements analysis, presentations, and system design.
- Willing to travel 50% to customer locations throughout the assigned region
Meet Some of Appian's Employees
Director Of Sales Engineering
Peter helps account executives at Appian work with prospects to have a better understanding of how the company’s software operates and best fits the needs of the businesses served.
Back to top