What is Appian? It’s a low-code application platform that lets business people build powerful enterprise web and mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code. At Appian, we’re not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, and innovation; great people, great software!
Summary: Master of quality techniques and tools. Ensure high quality and timely delivery of Appian software to customers. Champion of understanding changes from the customer perspective and ensuring quality is an integral part of the team decision process. Strives to understand complex system interactions and dependencies that can cause quality issues and ensures engineers account for them in their design and testing. Analyzes mistakes and helps ensure they do not recur. First level line management role. Responsible for HR management of a small number of Quality Engineers. Aids in attracting, retaining and growing Quality Engineering staff.
- Line manager for up to three Quality Engineering personnel.
- Responsible for training, coaching, continuous performance feedback and career guidance.
- Continually test knowledge of area of responsibility and escalate needs, challenges, status, successes, etc. of reporting employees.
- Involved in QE recruiting process.
- Provide valuable requirements analysis feedback, ensuring they provide effective input into Engineering activities.
- Work with other scrum team members to define and review Acceptance Criteria.
- Master of test design techniques.
- Manually test and troubleshoot new features from a multitude of dimensions: systems integration, GUI, Compatibility, User Acceptance Testing, Functionality, Database, and Regression Test Features across web, Android and iOS platforms.
- Write automated test code using tools like Java, Python and Selenium. Ability to apply test automation design and techniques.
- Support existing features by performing regression testing when bugs are resolved.
- Perform analysis, research, and troubleshooting of software defects and aid in the documentation of defects and anomalies.
- Strong skills in leading Incident postmortems and determining leaked defect root causes.
- Build, maintain and improve test artifacts for rapid and efficient reuse by the Test Engineering team.
- Participate in critical release activities for all platforms.
- Ensure complete and timely reporting of all work products.
Preferred Experience Level:
- 7+ years of relevant experience (e.g., Quality, Test, Performance, or Software Engineer)
- Experience as a lead, mentor or manager strongly desired
- B.S. in Computer Science or related field; advanced degree preferred
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination .
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.