- McLean, VA
Appian is a platform for building enterprise software applications, faster. With Appian, customers get the speed of low-code development with the power of intelligent automation in one trusted and unified cloud platform.
At Appian, we’re seeking to grow our culture of passion, energy, and innovation; Empowered by the “the best idea wins,” we thrive on collaboration and debate, encouraging all employees to challenge and elevate one another. We strive for diversity and inclusion through continued education and a commitment to equity.
MYTH: You need a CS degree to break into the software industry and get all the cool high-paying tech jobs.
FACT: Slinging code is just one of many things High Tech Companies need to do to create cool new products.
If you are student in any Math, Engineering, Technology, or Science discipline and love to use technology to solve real-world problems in a high-energy environment, then we need YOUR help building the world’s first fully mobile, cloud-based, low-code platform, and WE WANT TO TALK TO YOU!
To keep up with our skyrocketing growth, Appian needs to provide our Agile teams with more Quality Engineers responsible for ensuring our customers continue to love our product that is changing the face of the modern workplace.
As an Appian Quality Engineer, YOU get to use all the modern technologies and development methodologies to be part of a TEAM that is 100% dedicated to working together to building great software.
About the Job:
- Attend Appian Academy and receive intensive hands-on training with our product
- Be a member of an Appian Engineering scrum team dedicated to a product feature area.
- Work day-to-day with Software Engineers to ensure they are building bug-free code
- Test and troubleshoot new features from a multitude of dimensions: systems integration, GUI, Compatibility, User Acceptance Testing, functionality, database, and regression.
- Test features across web, Android, and iOS platforms.
- Perform analysis, research, and troubleshooting of software defects and aid in the documentation of defects and anomalies.
- Build, maintain and improve test artifacts for rapid and efficient reuse by the Test Engineering team.
- Participate in critical release activities for all platforms.
- Help ensure the product is built correctly the first time, every time.
- B.S. degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math, or otherwise demonstrated aptitude for technology.
- Independent thinker.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to balance multiple simultaneous efforts and deliver results.
- Desire to be an integral part of a part of a team delivering great software.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
Back to top