Product Manager (Kubernetes)
- McLean, VA
At Appian, we’re not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, and innovation; great people, great software! As a Product Manager, you’ll be embedded on a small team of technical staff, interact with key business stakeholders, and own the prioritized product backlog to ensure your team delivers high-quality software with each and every iteration.
This position will be specifically internally focused -- with strong customer implications -- responsible for the core services and deployment infrastructure on which the Appian platform runs. This position is for you if you have experience with and a passion for the following: data persistence, identity/access management, microservices, containerization, and Kubernetes.
What you’ll do: Prioritize, define, and ensure success of product features for various users at the roadmap/release level (we release quarterly) as well as functionalities within each feature at the sprint level (two weeks sprints).
- Prioritize what we should build and when by collaborating with stakeholders on product vision and strategy
- Share ideas and receive feedback on new features through presentations each quarter before a new release
- Define how those features will work and look through close collaboration with engineers in design sessions, mockups, UX review, and usability testing
- Manage the release and sprint backlog through planning, backlog grooming, working with dev, and review
- Write detailed specification for stakeholders to review and provide feedback on
- Ensure successful build out of features and ensure users to be successful by tracking adoption/usage
- Drive each sprint through development, review, and testing
- See features through documentation, prioritization of bugs and enhancements, and usage analysis
- You understand the value of cutting edge infrastructure technologies like Kubernetes and are eager to help us use it to take our product to new heights
- Strategic thinker and problem solver with a proven ability to prioritize, negotiate, and execute in order to accomplish amazing things
- Strong communication, negotiation, and collaboration skills; ability to draw clarity out of complex and ever-changing environments
- Demonstrated technical background; an engineer at heart with an innate desire to make an impact
- Exceptionally imaginative, collaborative, and truly excited about building great product features and experiences
- Most importantly, passionate about software!
B.S. in Computer Science or related field
Preferred Experience Level:
2+ years of experience, ideally as a Product Owner for a Scrum team
Appian helps organizations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximize their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organizations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organization, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. As a result, we are proud to have been recognized as a Washington Post Top Workplace for seven consecutive years. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.
Appian Corporation is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Further, Appian will not discriminate against applicants for inquiring about, discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances, the pay of their co‐worker, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ReasonableAccommodations@appian.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Back to top