Practice Leader - Pharmaceuticals
Want to lead Appian’s efforts into pharmaceuticals?
The Industry Practices team at Appian seeks a leader for our rapidly growing Pharmaceuticals business in Europe. As the Industry Practice Leader, you will partner with the US Pharmaceutical Practice Lead and share overall responsibility for ensuring client success and continued steady growth in license revenue across both new and existing clients in pharmaceuticals and life sciences globally.
You will spend approximately 50% of your time at our existing clients, helping to evangelize new applications for our application platform software and providing strategy and coaching for our account executives and professional services teams. The rest of your time will be split between helping account executives design programs to penetrate new target accounts and creating thought leadership material (e.g., white papers, articles, blog posts), speaking at industry events, etc. to gain prospect interest.
Additional activities include:
- Participating in sales presentations and follow-on education activities at prospects and customers
- Providing guidance to Appian sales on the best target companies in the industry to pursue
- Setting our marketing strategy by determining appropriate trade shows, providing content for industry focused webinars, etc.
- Creating presentation key win themes that will capture the attention of business process owners
- Encouraging partners to create special industry demos to advance sales cycles and accelerate core system deployments
Required Skills and Desired Background:
- Minimum of 5 years of direct experience in a significant role at a pharmaceutical company
- “Hands on” experience driving new solutions in an area directly impacted by regulatory changes, significant process inefficiencies, or experiencing high growth
- Experience as a strategy or operations consultant into pharmaceutical companies strongly preferred
- Experience in software is helpful, but not required
- Strong technical aptitude to bridge between client business leaders and Appian team members
- Demonstrated track record of creating written thought leadership materials and speaking at industry events
- Strong verbal communication skills
Location and Travel
- 50% travel is expected to clients across Europe
- Home base location will be in London
Back to top