Practice Leader - Insurance
Want to lead Appian’s efforts into insurance?
The Industry Practices team at Appian seeks a leader for our rapidly growing Insurance business. As an Industry Practice Leader, you will partner with other Practice Leads and share overall responsibility for ensuring client success and continued steady growth in license revenue across both new and existing clients in Property & Casualty and Life & Annuity.
You will spend approximately 50% of your time at our existing clients, helping to evangelize new applications for our work automation software and providing strategy and coaching for our account executives and professional services teams. The rest of your time will be split between helping account executives design programs to penetrate new target accounts and creating the thought leadership material (e.g. white papers, articles, blog posts), speaking at industry events, etc. to gain prospect interest.
Additional activities include:
• Participating in sales presentations and follow-on education activities at prospects and customers
• Providing guidance to Appian sales on the best target companies in the vertical to pursue
• Setting our marketing strategy by determining appropriate trade shows, providing content for industry focused webinars, etc.
• Creating presentation key win themes that will capture the attention of key business process owners
• Providing briefings to insurance industry analysts and maintain relationships to drive leads
• Encouraging partners to create special industry demos to advance sales cycles and accelerate core system deployments
Required Skills and Desired Background:
• Minimum of 5 years of direct experience in a significant role at a national or regional insurance provider. Should have a complete understanding of the major business drivers in insurance and “hands on” experience driving new solutions in an area directly impacted by regulatory changes or significant process inefficiencies
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science or a related field is required. Master's Degree is preferred
• Additional experience as a strategy or operations consultant into insurance companies is strongly preferred
• Experience in software is helpful, but not required
• Strong technical aptitude to bridge between client business leaders and Appian team members
• Demonstrated track record of creating written thought leadership materials in insurance
• Strong verbal communication skills
Location and Travel
• 50% travel is expected to clients across the country and outside the US
• The successful candidate can work remotely, although living near Appian’s headquarters in Reston, VA is a plus
living near Appian’s headquarters in Reston, VA is a plus
Back to top