Practice Leader - Financial Services
Want to lead Appian’s efforts into financial services?
The Industry Practices team at Appian seeks a leader for our rapidly growing Financial Services business. As an Industry Practice Leader, you will partner with other Practice Leads and share overall responsibility for ensuring client success and continued steady growth in license revenue across both new and existing clients in commercial banking, retail banking, wealth management, and capital markets.
You will spend approximately 50% of your time at our existing clients, helping to evangelize new applications for our work automation software and providing strategy and coaching for our account executives and professional services teams. The rest of your time will be split between helping account executives design programs to penetrate new target accounts and creating the thought leadership material (e.g. white papers, articles, blog posts), speaking at industry events, etc. to gain prospect interest.
Additional activities include:
• Participating in sales presentations and follow-on education activities at prospects and customers
• Providing guidance to Appian sales on the best target companies in the vertical to pursue
• Setting our marketing strategy by determining appropriate trade shows, providing content for industry focused webinars, etc.
• Creating presentation key win themes that will capture the attention of key business process owners
• Providing briefings to financial services industry analysts and maintain relationships to drive leads
• Encouraging partners to create special financial services industry demos to advance sales cycles and accelerate core system deployments
Required Skills and Desired Background:
• Minimum of 5 years of direct experience in a significant role at a national or regional retail or commercial bank or an asset management company. Should have a complete understanding of the major business drivers in financial services and “hands on” experience driving new solutions in an area directly impacted by regulatory changes or significant process inefficiencies
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science or a related field is required. Master's Degree is preferred
• Additional experience as a strategy or operations consultant into banks or asset management companies is strongly preferred
• Experience in software is helpful, but not required
• Strong technical aptitude to bridge between client business leaders and Appian team members
• Demonstrated track record of creating written thought leadership materials in financial services
• Strong verbal communication skills
Location and Travel
• 50% travel is expected to clients across the country and in major financial centers outside the US
• The successful candidate can work remotely, although living near Appian’s headquarters in Reston, VA is a plus
Meet Some of Appian's Employees
Manager, Software Development
James loves being on the cutting edge of technology and working with his team to help businesses build their own software applications in order to meet their needs.
Back to top