Looking for a position that allows you to engage all of your many technical talents? Do you particularly excel at not only solving complex technical problems, but also at communicating the solution clearly and effectively?
As a Platform Support Engineer, you’re a technical “Jack/Jill of All Trades”; you love figuring out “how things work,” and you’ll be a resident expert on the inner workings of the Appian platform.
About the Job:
The Appian Solution Engineering team provides technical expertise to our customers around the globe. We touch every layer of the Appian platform; from data analysis to creative problem solving, our Platform Engineers tackle the most challenging technical problems, mitigate all of our customers’ concerns, and love the ability to employ our myriad of prowesses and interests.
We are looking for a hands-on engineer with excellent analytical and communication skills. Ideally, you not only have a strong interest in software development (minus the coding 8 hours a day part), but also have a desire to work closely with some of our highest stakes customers. A keen interest in data analytics is also desirable, as you will have the opportunity to work with big datasets. To reiterate, however: this is not a software development gig, and we don’t require a Computer Science degree.
Here at Appian, we are revolutionising the way software is built -- and we don’t just deploy and run. Be part of a team of problem-solving ninjas who thrive equally on “under the hood” technical action as well as world-class customer support.
- Bachelor's degree in any Engineering discipline, Computer Science, Information Technology, or related
- Required minimum 2-4 years experience in a highly technical support role, preferably in a software environment with Java/J2EE troubleshooting experience
- Experience and/or familiarity with JVMs
- In-depth operating system knowledge (e.g. Windows and/or Linux)
- Familiarity with database concepts (e.g., MySQL, Oracle, SQL Server)
- Strong foundation of basic network functions, standards, and protocols (e.g. proxies, SSL, load balancers, LDAP)
- Excellent at problem solving and a talent for identifying creative solutions
- Desire to work closely with our customers to help lead continual improvement in the availability, performance, functionality and security of our platform
- Flexibility to provide after business hours support (rotation every 10 or so weeks)
- Keen to provide exceptional customer interaction (verbal/written) to our biggest customers
Appian helps organisations build apps and workflows rapidly, with a low-code automation platform. Combining people, technologies, and data in a single workflow, Appian can help companies maximise their resources and improve business results. Many of the world’s largest organisations use Appian applications to improve customer experience, achieve operational excellence, and simplify global risk management and compliance. Our employees create opportunities to drive hands-on impact both with our customers and throughout the organisation, which creates an environment where meaningful work is met with career growth and opportunity. Simply put, we are changing the way businesses operate and our employees are to thank for Appian’s success.