Pharmaceuticals- EMEA Industry Lead
The Industry Practices team at Appian is a growing part of our sales organization with Practice Leaders already in place for several industries. We are expanding this team and seeking a Practice Leader for our rapidly growing Life Science business. As the Practice Leader – Life Sciences, you will have overall responsibility for ensuring client success and continued steady growth in license revenue across all our Life Science clients in Europe and the UK.
You will spend approximately 50% of your time at our existing clients, helping to evangelize new applications for our application platform software and providing strategy and identifying areas of opportunity where Appian’s Digital Transformation Platform may be leveraged to create value for our customers and their patients. The other 50% will be dedicated to guiding and providing coaching for our account executives, solution consultants and professional services teams plus serving as strategic advisor and tactical consultant to the Pharma RVP (regional vice president) in Europe and UK. This portion of your time will also be split between helping account executives design programs to penetrate new target accounts and creating thought leadership material (e.g., white papers, articles, blog posts), initiating and speaking at industry events and other marketing programs, to gain prospect interest and support Appian branding.
Additional activities include:
- Participating in sales presentations and follow-on education activities at prospects and customers
- Providing guidance to Appian sales on the best target companies to pursue in the industry
- Setting our marketing strategy for Europe and UK by determining appropriate trade shows, providing content for industry focused webinars, etc.
- Creating presentation key win themes that will capture the attention of business process owners
- Encouraging partners to create special industry demos to advance sales cycles and accelerate core system deployments
- Coordinating regional European and UK approach with the overall Global Industry strategy
Required Skills and Desired Background:
- Minimum of 5 years of direct experience in a significant role at a Life Science company (pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical, medical devices)
- Experience with companies in Europe is prefered.
- “Hands on” experience driving solutions in an area directly impacted by regulatory changes, significant process inefficiencies, or experiencing high growth
- Experience as a strategy or operations consultant into Life Science companies strongly preferred
- Experience in software is helpful, but not required
- Strong technical aptitude to bridge between client business leaders and Appian team members
- Demonstrated track record of creating written thought leadership materials and speaking at industry events
- Strong verbal communication skills
- English required
- German and/or French desired
Location and Travel
- 50% travel is expected to clients across the Europe and the UK
- Home base location can be anywhere in Europe or the UK
Meet Some of Appian's Employees
Manager, Software Development
James loves being on the cutting edge of technology and working with his team to help businesses build their own software applications in order to meet their needs.
Back to top