Media Relations Manager
About the Role:
Appian is looking for a Media Relations Manager to join our Reston Town Center (VA) headquarters team. This is a crucial position at this stage of the company’s growth. Broadening and deepening our mainstream visibility around the globe is a cornerstone of our continued success. This role is entirely focused on the media engagement aspect of public relations, and its underlying components. Key aspects of the role include continuous development of strategic messaging/positioning, management of multiple external public relations teams in the US and abroad and the cultivation of customer relationships to secure testimonials and public reference ability. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential. Prior experience in a technology PR agency or in-house public relations group is preferred.
- Work with Appian executives and other members of Appian's Marketing team to continuously evolve, crystallize and communicate our vision for rapidly driving meaningful digital business transformation.
- Drive strategy for multiple external PR agency teams around the world, and manage their execution of high-impact media programs across mainstream business and technology media outlets.
- Nurture key customer relationships to secure executive-level endorsements, and publicize them via press releases, case studies, video testimonials and media interviews.
- Work with Appian executive spokespeople to prepare for media interviews and press tours while cultivating strong editorial relationships.
- Collaborate across Marketing functions and give guidance to ensure consistent and effective representation of Appian and its customers across a variety of marketing channels (traditional and social).
- Proficient in the process for engaging media and securing positive media coverage
- Knowledgeable of both traditional and social media outlet processes
- Creative, energetic and results-driven
- Bachelor's Degree in Marketing, Communications, or related field
The Appian Platform is unifying technology that makes all of our customers’ systems better. We offer a cutting-edge product that brings together process, data, collaboration, and low-code mobile app development. For more information, visit www.appian.com.
Appian is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual preference, age, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, marital status, physical handicap, or disability, except where these are bona fide occupational qualifications. All applicants are given equal consideration without regard to the above criteria.
Back to top