Lead Software Engineer
At Appian, we’re not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, and innovation; great people, great software! With Appian Engineering, you’ll write high quality code with amazing colleagues to build an award-winning PaaS product. What is Appian? It’s an application platform that lets non-technical people build powerful cloud and mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
As a Lead Software Engineer working on the Appian platform, your mission will be to ensure Appian is always fast, scalable and up to whatever tasks our customers configure it to do. On a brand new team, you will be solving problems of scale and flexibility that most engineers never see, building a product capable of serving our customers in ways you never imagined. Your scope extends from the high-performance data layer to the cross-platform user interface to the design tools used to create it.
Working at Appian:
- Modern tech stack
- Full stack Java/J2EE
- Continuous Integration
- Proprietary in-memory real-time analytics engine
- Indie time -- time set aside every month for fun side projects
- Casual working environment -- wear what you want
- Company retreat, movie nights, fun events -- bring the whole family!
- Lateral mobility encouraged by supportive senior leadership
- You’re an efficient and elegant coder, ideally with 7+ years of strong experience building and delivering web applications
- Data structures & algorithms delight you; you thrive on solving labyrinthine problems within large, high-performance, real-time, distributed data systems
- Fundamentals aren’t always fun -- but you know they are critical for understanding anything you seek to learn
- You have no problem with OOP or functional programming
- Agility is your mantra, and quality is your goal
- Bonus points if you’re an expert using RESTful and SOAP-based web services integration
- Huge plus if you have familiarity with enterprise search products
Meet Some of Appian's Employees
Manager, Software Development
James loves being on the cutting edge of technology and working with his team to help businesses build their own software applications in order to meet their needs.
Back to top