Lead Scrum Master (Software Engineer)
As a Lead Software Engineer and Agile Coach working on the Appian platform, your mission will be to ensure Appian is always fast and powerful. You will be solving problems of scale and flexibility that most engineers never see, building a product capable of serving our customers in ways you never imagined.
You’re a coder at heart but looking to make a broader impact beyond the scope of writing code and a proven ability of coaching agile teams and evangelizing best practices. You’re enthusiastic about contributing high quality code and have a constant propensity for improving the status quo.
- Lead your team to new heights by driving for change and building team cohesion
- Write solid code to deliver features of exceptional quality
- Help lead the design and architecture of our modern cloud platform, which includes Java, React.js, web services, ElasticSearch, RDBMS, Docker, AWS, etc.
- Fearlessly conquer scalability challenges not only at technical level but also from a methodology standpoint, learn more about our tribal agile organization
- 5+ years’ experience building software products
- BS in Computer Science or related field/degree
- Experience as a dedicated Scrum Master or Agile Coach or eagerness to jump into a team leadership role
- Experience with other Agile approaches and concepts such as Lean, XP, and continuous delivery as well as solid experience leading scrum events: planning, daily scrums, reviews/demos, and retrospectives
- Experience with both Object Oriented and functional programming languages: Java, C++, C#, Scala, Clojure, etc.
- Expertise in data structures, algorithms and complexity analysis
What is Appian? It’s an application platform that lets business people build powerful cloud and mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
Back to top