Lead Product Engineer
As a Lead Product Engineer working on the Appian platform, your mission will be to ensure Appian is always fast, scalable and up to whatever tasks our customers configure it to do. On a brand new team, you will be solving problems of scale and flexibility that most engineers never see, building a product capable of serving our customers in ways you never imagined. Your scope extends from the high-performance data layer to the cross-platform user interface to the design tools used to create it.
About the Job:
- Leverage knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and design patterns to write applications and solutions in existing Appian frameworks
- Manage availability, latency, scalability and efficiency of the product by engineering reliability into software and systems
- Contribute to software performance analysis, system tuning, feature breakdowns/sizing and design of new feature implementations
- Moderate degree of personal responsibility for the overall performance of the team, including capabilities, quality, stability and velocity
- Perform code reviews which provide feedback not only on code quality, but on design and implementation
- Seek to identify opportunities for code refactoring and performance optimizations on a regular basis and champion these efforts within the team.
- Mentor junior software engineers by sharing best-practices and providing guidance on how to become more proficient.
- Share advanced/expert knowledge with others in the department, both on and off team; maintain a reputation as a key resource in those areas.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science and/or relevant degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience in software development, REST and SOAP APIs, cloud/saas, and ESBs
- Deep understanding of middleware technologies for integration (MuleSoft, TIBCO, Oracle Service Bus, Apache Camel)
- Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment
- Fluency in application development, data structures, integration, testing, scaling, optimization, and plug-in development
Appian delivers an enterprise platform for Business Process Management (BPM) and Case Management solutions. Appian unites users with all their data, processes, and collaborations in one environment, on any mobile device, through a simple social interface. On-premise and in the cloud, Appian is the fastest way to solve complex issues with modern apps. For more information, visit www.appian.com.
Appian is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual preference, age, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, marital status, physical handicap, or disability, except where these are bona fide occupational qualifications. All applicants are given equal consideration without regard to the above criteria.
Back to top