Lead Performance Engineer
In Appian Engineering, we’re not only about building awesome software, but also about growing our culture of passion, energy, and innovation; great people, great software! As a Lead Performance Engineer in Test, you’ll quantify system performance at scale and expand the breadth and depth of the analysis infrastructure for our award-winning PaaS product. Performance is critical to Appian customers since they rely upon it to drive their enterprise; the Lead Performance Engineer is responsible for ensuring Appian is enhancing the speed of business.
What is Appian? It’s an application platform that lets non-technical people build powerful cloud and mobile apps with flexible, visual models instead of clunky custom code.
About You :
- You are passionate about creating technology that scales to support mission-critical demands of customers
- You are a software engineer at heart and want to apply your coding skills to performance
- You enjoy tackling the broad challenges of system performance analysis and effectively predicting customer performance-related experience.
- You keep up with the latest performance technologies and use/build tools to thoroughly and continually assess performance in the enterprise
- You have in-depth knowledge of linux computer architecture and networking as well as how to drive load into a system to fully cover performance concerns
- You are an expert at effectively using statistics and analytic tools to turn data into actionable product changes
- You know the important metrics for CPU, threads, RAM, virtual memory, disk, network as well as common components like MySQL, JBoss, JVM and ElasticSearch.
How You’ll Contribute:
- Provide constant vigilance over Appian performance through automated testing
- Work with a small team to envision, build, and maintain performance testing at Appian
- Write/use tools to test the limits of hardware, software, and operating systems
- Profile applications and identify opportunities for improvement
- Help build performance quality into the development process from requirements through release
- Assemble and report quality metrics to internal stakeholders
Appian is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual preference, age, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, marital status, physical handicap, or disability, except where these are bona fide occupational qualifications. All applicants are given equal consideration without regard to the above criteria.
Meet Some of Appian's Employees
Manager, Software Development
James loves being on the cutting edge of technology and working with his team to help businesses build their own software applications in order to meet their needs.
Back to top