Lead Application Developer
Are you dedicated to excellence and passionate about using technology to heighten efficiency within businesses? Appian Business Applications is looking to realize the vision of our Software Platform for ourselves by using it to run every aspect of our company. Specifically, we want to bring business functions together with Appian software so teams can operate most efficiently and turn the best information into action. Here you will empathize with our internal customers because every Appian employee uses our software every day. Our ambition is to make Appian better by using the latest pre-release of our software to detect pain points and opportunities for enhancement before our customers do.
About the Job:
- Design and implement Appian’s technical solutions in a fast changing environment using our latest releases in an Agile environment
- Build cross-platform application interfaces using process modeling and middleware technologies for advanced SOA patterns
- Develop J2EE framework based plugins/components that extend Appian’s platform functionality
- Leverage Java’s application development framework involving Core Java, JSP, JDBC, Servlets
- Drive improvement of the Appian product in collaboration with Engineering and Operations teams to ensure design changes and architecture changes are implemented with best-practices
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math, Engineering, or other relevant field
- 7+ years of total experience within the field of technology
- 3+ years of Java development experience with Java, JSP, JDBC, Servlets
- 2+ years of experience analyzing and designing well normalized databases
- Knowledge of general coding practices, unit testing, as well as scaling applications effectively
- Ability to thrive in a unique culture where thinking outside of the box is required daily and creative input is necessary to solve problems
- Expert with REST and SOAP web services, XML, JSON, XPATH, data transformation, including XSLT
- Ability to troubleshoot performance issues profiler, browser tools for JS debugging and load time analysis
- Solid understanding of integration design patterns, SOA/EAI best practices
- Optional: Experience with functional programming (Python, Common Lisp, Scheme)
Appian delivers an enterprise platform for Business Process Management (BPM) and Case Management solutions. Appian unites users with all their data, processes, and collaborations in one environment, on any mobile device, through a simple social interface. On-premise and in the cloud, Appian is the fastest way to solve complex issues with modern apps. For more information, visit www.appian.com.
Appian is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sexual preference, age, religion, creed, national or ethnic origin, marital status, physical handicap, or disability, except where these are bona fide occupational qualifications. All applicants are given equal consideration without regard to the above criteria.
Back to top