Insurance - Regional Industry Lead
Interested in leading Appian’s efforts into Insurance?
The Insurance industry team at Appian seeks a talented, strategic relationships leader for our rapidly growing global Insurance business. As a member of the Industry team, you will successfully collaborate across Appian to enable client success with their digital transformation efforts, while driving continued growth in license revenue across both new and existing clients. You will spend approximately 30% of your time with clients, helping to evangelize new applications for our work automation software and providing strategy and coaching for our account executives and professional services teams. The rest of your time will be split between helping account executives design programs to penetrate new target accounts and delivering thought leadership across a variety of formats to generate prospect interest and secure market awareness.
- Participate in sales presentations and follow-on education activities at prospects and customers
- Develop meaningful relationships with customers to help guide broader context of Appian’s role in supporting digital transformation efforts
- Provide guidance to Appian sales on the best target companies in the vertical to pursue
- Support our marketing strategy by participating in appropriate trade shows, providing insights for industry events, webinars, etc.
- Work with partners to advance Appian’s opportunities in target Insurance accounts
Required Skills and Desired Background:
- Minimum of 5 years of direct experience in a significant role working directly in driving transformational change in Insurance industry
- Should have a complete understanding of the major business drivers in Insurance and “hands on” experience driving change and new solutions in an area directly aligned with digital transformation including drive for improved customer experience, regulatory effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science or a related field is required. Master's Degree is preferred
- Consulting experience required. Experience as a strategy or operations consultant into property and casualty or life and annuity providers strongly preferred.
- Understanding of recent trends around digital transformation and InsurTech.
- Experience in software is preferred
- Experience driving business growth with significant deal size is preferred
- Strong technical aptitude to bridge between client business leaders and Appian team members
- Demonstrated track record of creating written thought leadership materials in financial services
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Location and Travel
- 30% travel is expected to clients across EMEA and at times internationally
- The successful candidate will be located in the UK, Germany, Switzerland, or The Netherlands
Meet Some of Appian's Employees
Director Of Sales Engineering
Peter helps account executives at Appian work with prospects to have a better understanding of how the company’s software operates and best fits the needs of the businesses served.
Back to top